The purpose of the catechism program is to provide a basic understanding of the Orthodox Faith including its history, doctrine and traditions. It is open to anyone but required of adults seeking to convert through baptism and/or chrismation. The program is conducted cooperatively with instructors and students of several Orthodox churches in the Twin Cities area. Information about the course including topics and instructors is available at www.meocca.org. We encourage all members of our parish to participate in this course. Anyone can gain new insights through this experience.
The purpose of bible study is to read and examine the sacred scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, understand their teachings in context and learn how to apply these teachings to our daily life. The study of scripture is an absolute necessity for all Orthodox Christians. See the church calendar for upcomming Bible Study events.
The Book Store is open every Sunday after church, and by request of parishioners.
The Book Store stocks books, CDs, icons, tapes, pamphlets, greeting cards, periodicals, and other items which may be helpful to our parishioners and others interested in the Orthodox faith. Along with the items stocked in the bookstore, the bookstore is able to special order items upon request of a parishioner. The bookstore carries materials for adults and children.
Some of the profits from the book store are used to support programs for those in need.
The St. George Greek School is open to all youth, young adults, and adults to learn Modern Greek language, culture and dance. Classes are held once a week on Sundays after church at noon in the lower level classrooms.
Thanasi Contolatis directed the Greek school from 1975 to 1980. Mixalis Tzenis directed from 1985 until 1995 and Anna Christoforides was director from 1995 until 2012. The current Greek School Director is Stella Hofrenning. Classes are held once a week and students learn Greek history, culture, and dance. Each year the students perform songs, poems, and skits for Greek Independence Day celebrations. In addition, students dance at the annual St. Paul Festival of Nations.
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church James Nickitas Camp Scholarship
- AHEPA District 14 Scholarship
- Eastern Orthodox Scholarships
- Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Scholarships
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church John Pitsavas Scholarship
- Pan-Hellenic Scholarship Foundation
- The Foundation typically distributes $250,000 in scholarship awards. The Foundation will accept applications from eligible college students. The scholarship application and the qualification criteria, requirements, and guidelines are available at their website:
- OCF Scholarships and Opportunities
- John C. Kulis Charitable Foundation Scholarships