The Chanters participate in all of the church services including the weekly Saturday Vespers, Sunday Orthros and Liturgy, weekday Liturgies and the monthly Eau Claire, WI, Liturgies. The chanters also support special services of the Church such as baptism, weddings, Memorials and Trisagion services. Also there are many other services not mentioned in which the chanters participate.
The Chanters make a conscious effort to strike a balance between the Greek and English languages in the service music. This balance is to preserve Christian theology, as can be most completely understood in the Greek language, and to increase congregational understanding, by using vernacular English language translations.
Special effort is exerted by the Chanters to keep to the spiritual depth and beauty of the Byzantine form of music, by using musical materials that express this 2000 year old tradition. In addition, efforts have been made to keep up with newly published materials to add to the library of standard publications.
The future endeavors of the Chanters include the continuation of training and rehearsal to improve their skills. Also, the Chanters encourage anyone interested to contact them. Special training is available to anyone interested.
- Byzantine Chant Pages, Western Music
- Liturgical Texts
- Orthodox Links
- Psaltic Theory - music fonts
- Aremethea Church Music
- How to write Byzantine music using a computer
- Byzantine Writer Software
- Association of Constantinopolitan Friends of Music
- St. Gregory Palamas Monastery
- Music Texts
- Live Broadcasts on Goarch
- Presanctified Music
- Serbian Music Page
- American Society of Byzantine Music and Hymnology - University of Pitsburg
- Greek Sources - Various hymns and popular performers - downloads as well.
Contact Person: Steve Arsenault (firstname.lastname@example.org)